Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jack Meeting Tyler Durden. [or himself?]

Today, Tyler was taking a plane on another business trip. His insomnia's been acting up lately, and I showed up next to him on the plane. I introduced myself as Tyler, and he was nice. He came off as shy - scared to talk to strangers and step out of his comfort zone. I made small talk and we ended up hitting it off. He thought I was pretty cool; he asked me what I did for a living, and I told him I was a business man who made soap and sold it, and that I bounced from job to job. He didn't ask too many questions, which is good. I didn't want him to think I was shifty just yet. First impressions are crucial.
He thought it was fascinating; how I could sell soap, and knew so many irrelevant facts about chemicals. You should've saw the look on his face when I told him oxygen masks are used to give you a high and feeling of euphoria, so you'd just except your fate when you were about to crash and die. We talked about his job - he seems pretty bored with his life. Constantly listening to his boss complaining, never being enough, his stupid condo filled with expensive material shit he doesn't need. He even goes to different support groups for diseases he doesn't have, just to have people to talk to. I like him, I like him a lot though. He's got potential if he'd just let go a little. I think I'm gonna blow up his house, it sounds drastic, but it'll teach him a thing or two about how much material shit doesn't matter. Maybe he'll realize his job's worthless and quit, who knows.

"If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"

I gave him my card - our card - when we got off the plane. He doesn't know it yet, but he'll be calling me. I'm gonna change his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment