Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chemical Burn.

I talked to Jack last night about some pretty deep stuff. He told me about how his dad left him when he was little, and I told him about how distant mine was, and how he was always telling me what to do even when I grew up. He talked about how unhappy he was with his life, how he wanted more. He wanted to be free, in a way, which I completely understood. We talked about how fight club was going, and death. How unhappy and unfulfilled we'd be if we died tomorrow. I burned his hand. It was a chemical burn.

Obviously, he freaked out. I eventually put vinegar on it to neutralize it. I wanted to show him pain, real, raw, physical pain - and that he could deal with it. I wanted him to embrace it, not hate it. I wanted to show him that even if he had nothing, that he could build himself back up.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment